Home

Dulles Toll Road HOV

The Dulles Toll Road operates four vehicle lanes eastbound and four lanes westbound. During rush hour periods, the left lane is restricted to High Occupancy Vehicles. The tolls due per vehicle are the same for all lanes, regardless of HOV vehicle status. HOV Lanes on the Toll Road. During weekday, rush hour periods, HOV-2 (2 or more people per. Beginning September 30, New High-Occupancy Vehicle Restrictions Begin for Hybrid Vehicles in Virginia. Access privileges for hybrid vehicles using HOV lanes on the Dulles Toll Road included in new restrictions; alternative fuel vehicles not impacted. September 12, 2019. Twitter @ Dulles Toll Road Follow. RT @WTOPtraffic: #Herndon WB Dulles Toll.

Travel Information - Dulles Toll Roa

1. The new rules come as a result of the expiration of certain provisions in federal law (23 USC § 166) beginning September 30, 2019, that withdraw the eligibility of hybrid vehicles to use HOV lanes on any road, highway or interstate in the Commonwealth, unless the required number of occupants are in the vehicle. In accordance with federal law.
  2. The Dulles Toll Road has one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane in each direction. HOV-2 (2 or more people per vehicle) restrictions are in effect during weekday rush hours in the left travel lane. Motorcycles and clean fuel vehicles (hybrid and compressed natural gas) are exempt from HOV restrictions in Virginia, allowing single-passenger.
  3. High-Occupancy Vehicle Lanes and High-Occupancy Toll Lanes. 8/2/2021 (Dulles Toll Road) without paying a toll. F. Notwithstanding the contrary provisions of this section, the following conditions shall be met before the HOV-2 designation of Interstate 66 can be changed to HOV-3 or any more restrictive designation:.

E-ZPass electronic transponders are accepted along the Dulles Toll Road to speed the collection of tolls while keeping traffic moving. Note: On the Dulles Toll Road, tolls are collected from E-ZPass Flex accounts regardless of whether the transponder's HOV switch is activated.. The E-ZPass electronic toll collection system is the fastest way to go on the Dulles Toll Road, and on many major. (Dulles Toll Road): On the Dulles Toll Road, the HOV lane is the far left lane that is restricted to vehicles that have 2 or more people during the hours of 6:30 to 9:00 in the morning and 4:00 to 6:30 in the evening. (ROTATE Dulles Toll Road HOV-2. From Rt. 28 to the Beltway (I-495) The Dulles Toll Road has one lane in each direction restricted to vehicles with two or more people (HOV-2) on weekdays, eastbound (toward D.C.) from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., and westbound from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The lanes are marked with diamonds

Dulles Toll Road Metropolitan Washington Airports Authorit

Dulles Toll Road HOV-2; I-495 Express Lanes. HOV-3 traffic can use the high-occupancy toll (express) lanes on Interstate 495 for free with an E-ZPass Flex set to HOV mode. Visit www.ExpressLanes.com for details. I-95 / I-395 Express Lanes Dulles Toll Road At-a-Glance. The Dulles Toll Road (Virginia Route 267) is an 8-lane, 14-mile (22.7 km) highway in Northern Virginia. The Toll Road was built in 1984 by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) to provide local access to interchanges between the Capital Beltway (I-495) and Washington Dulles International Airport.. The Toll Road is located in the Dulles Corridor, which. Figure 1 Dulles Toll Road and carpool lanes. .HOV-3 (4-6:30 p.m.) decision was made to widen the toll road to six lanes, and, as part of a planned areawide HOV grid network, to dedicate the two inner lanes to HOV during peak periods. At the time, this decision was widely supported by local officials and.

the Annandale Blog: Beltway toll lanes expected to open by

Exempts the vehicle from occupancy requirements on the following HOV lanes: I-64; I-264; I-564; I-66 outside the Beltway; Dulles Toll Road; City of Alexandria HOV lanes Washington St Patrick St./Rt. 1 Henry St./Rt. 1; Does not exempt the vehicle from occupancy requirements on the following: 95 or 495 Express Lanes; 64 Express Lanes (during. The Dulles Greenway is a privately owned 14-mile toll road that connects Washington Dulles International Airport with Leesburg, Virginia. The Greenway is a leading example of the current trend towards the privatization of public facilities. The Greenway demonstrates how the public and private sectors can join together to supplement the existing. The 495 Express Lanes will be extended 2 miles north toward the American Legion Bridge and provide new connections to the Dulles Toll Road and George Washington Memorial Parkway. Project NEXT is an extension of the 495 HOV/HOT Lanes (Express Lanes) in Fairfax County, Virginia. As shown in the figure below, the project will extend along. The Dulles Toll Road is an eight-lane, 16.15-mile (25.99 km) toll road that runs outside the Dulles Access Road.. History. In response to the development along the Dulles Access Road and the number of motorists who backtracked through the airport to commute to outer suburbs, the Virginia Department of Transportation determined a need for a limited access highway to serve points along the.

i 495 is getting widened all the way from the potomac

Beginning September 30, New High - Dulles Toll Roa

VA-267 (Dulles Toll Road) VA-267 (Dulles Greenway) Toll Roads Types of Limited Roads. The most common restricted access lanes are: HOV (High-Occupancy Vehicle): These lanes require a minimum number of passengers in the vehicle to be utilized. These are typically signed as HOV-#, where # represents the minimum number of passengers to use.. As of December 4, 2017, the Virginia Department of Transportation has activated dynamic rush-hour tolling for non-HOV traffic along nine miles of I-66 between the Capital Beltway (I-495) and U.S. 29 in Rosslyn, Virginia. Dulles Airport traffic is no longer exempted from the highway's HOV rules, as in the past. Hours of Operation: I-66 Express Lanes Inside the Beltwa Construction of Springfield Interchange Phase VIII. This created a seamless HOV network on the I-95/395, Capital Beltway, I-66, the Dulles Toll Road and also any future HOV lanes on the Braddock Road; There was a improved connection at I-66 to improve the traffic flow onto the Beltwa

Jul 28, 2016. #12. There are 3 clean fuel plates. The pre 2006 ones work and still do, on all the roads that had exemptions for clean fuel in hov lanes. The middle plates ( 2006-2011)lost the ability to be in hov on the 395 but still worked in 267 and 66 An OPEN toll road would allow for traffic to pass through at a more consistent rate of speed without all of the stop and go that currently exists at pay points. As a local taxpayer and frequent driver I do not get how we are paying exorbitant NY/NJ 'like' tolls (for the Dulles Greenway), yet the infrastructure is circa 1985 Official website of the Virginia Department of Transportation . CHANTILLY — Hybrid vehicles with the required clean fuel license plates will continue to be able to use the I-95/395, I-66 and Dulles Toll Road high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes until June 30, 2011, according to the Virginia Department of Transportation

The Capital Beltway High Occupancy Toll (HOT) Lanes project (officially the 495 Express Lanes) is a public-private partnership (P3) between VDOT and Capital Beltway Express, LLC (a joint venture of Fluor and Transurban). The project extends from the Springfield Interchange (south) to just north of the Dulles Toll Road (14 miles) This form can be used to pay toll violations on Coleman Bridge, Dulles Toll Road, Powhite Parkway Extension, RMTA Downtown Express, Powhite Parkway, 66 Express Lanes Inside the Beltway, and 64 Express Lanes. I want to: Pay a Violation Appeal a Violation (Virginia E-ZPass customers only). Toll Violation Processing Center. Chesapeake Expressway. Dominion Boulevard. Elizabeth River Tunnels. Click here if one of the above logos is on your notice to pay a violation for: Coleman Bridge, Dulles Toll Road, Powhite Parkway Extension, RMTA Downtown Express and Powhite Parkway, I-66 Inside the Beltway. 495 Express Lanes. 395 Express Lanes Tolls on the Dulles Toll Road are calculated based on the number of axles for your vehicle. The Dulles Toll Road has 5 axle designations. When calculating a toll, the following options will be available in the calculator's drop-down menu: 2 Axles - Car, Motorcycle, SUV, Van, Pickup. 3 Axles - includes any trailer

DC metropolitan region between I-95 and the Dulles Toll Road (Route 267). This 14-mile, $1.9B project is expected to provide substantial improvements in transportation e ciency through active tra c management [7]. In much of the documentation on planned HOT lane systems, the facilities are expecte On Nov. 30, when Virginia State Police publicized extra enforcement of HOV or toll rules, the number of carpools dropped by 397 compared to similar days. Dulles Toll Road rate plan finalized.

Traveler Information - Dulles Toll Roa

1. THE HOV EXPERIENCE: HOV LESSONS FROM THE DULLES TOLL ROAD. High-occupancy vehicle (HOV) diamond lane operations on the Dulles Toll Road in Fairfax County, Virginia, were stopped after one month of controversial operation in 1992. The decision to halt operation of the HOV lanes, at least temporarily, occurred during two congressional races and.
  2. g high-tech industry. 2018.03.045 Reston welcomes the Dulles Toll Road. Jim Wilding stands on the left, Virginia Governor Chuck Robb in the middle, and Fran Steinbauer on the right. Photograph by Mattox Commercial Photography
  3. Alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) displaying the Virginia Clean Special Fuel license plate may use Virginia HOV lanes on specified areas of I-64, I-264, the Dulles Toll Road, and in the City of Alexandria, regardless of the number of occupants. For HOV lanes serving the I-66 corridor, only registered vehicles displaying Clean Special Fuel.
  4. g up the HOV lanes. Why don't you get a carpool together like every other honest person
  5. Dulles Toll Road HOV carried 5,800 people in 3,220 vehicles, many of whom also use I-66 inside the beltway. Comparably, the Orange line of the Metrorail carried 24,600 people from Virginia to the core areas of Arlington and DC and beyond. Total persons using the HOV lanes are 52,600 in the 6:30-9:30 a.m. time frame
  6. Four new lanes, two in each direction along 14-mile stretch of the Capital Beltway in Virginia. Carpool/HOV-3 lanes on Beltway and to Tysons Corner. Congestion-free network for transit buses and carpools. Seamless HOV connection with I-66, Dulles Toll Road, I-395/I-95. Toll option for drivers needing predictable travel time
  7. We need your help to extend the 495 Express Lanes 2 miles north and add new connections to the Dulles Toll Road and George Washington Parkway. With a couple of clicks, you can tell local officials you want the option to save even more time on I-495. Show your support. Get real-time Twitter updates and alerts. Follow us.

§ 33.2-501. Designation of HOV lanes; use of such lanes ..

Now, anyone is able to choose a faster trip during rush hours on Northern Virginia's Interstate 66 Inside the Beltway, between Interstate 495 and Route 29 in Rosslyn. If driving alone, you'll need to pay a toll and will need an E-ZPass. If you carpool, you can travel free and will need an E-ZPass Flex Plans include widening portions of the roadway and adding High Occupancy Vehicle and toll lanes. County to a connector road that will take drivers into Dulles Airport. toll roads are. A bill to extend the HOV exemption on I-66 and Dulles Toll Road is currently on Governor Bob McDonnell's desk. He's got until the end of March to sign - and decide the fate of northern Virginia's.

About E-ZPass - Dulles Toll Roa

1. ary research says that 267 (Dulles Toll Road) is never free for bikes - two or three wheels, but bikes can ride in their paid HOV lanes (I think 267 is HOV-2). So I try to use my EZpass there, but like @lrobbi said - it doesn't seem to be recognizing it (shows up blue or not at all)
  2. A: There are nine exits on the Express Lanes: The Dulles Toll Road, Jones Branch Drive, Westpark Drive, Leesburg Pike, I-66, Lee Highway, Gallows Road, Braddock Road, the Springfield interchange.
  3. Eligible for clean-fuel plates under Virginia law, owners of these new plug-in hybrids can use the Dulles Toll Road HOV lanes during rush hour, but are too new to benefit from other HOV lane perks.

The high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes are those with restrictions on the number of individuals each vehicle must have. In order to use these lanes during restricted hours, each vehicle must have a minimum number of occupants. Dulles Toll Road: Rt. 28 to Main Toll Plaza: HOV-2: Eastbound: 6:30 - 9:00 a.m. Westbound: 4:00 - 6:30 p.m. PAY A TOLL INVOICE/VIOLATION. You have places to be. The Express Lanes will help get you there faster with quick, simple and predictable travel along 495, 95 and 395 in Northern Virginia. Grab your E-ZPass®, buckle up and enjoy riding in the fast lanes It allows drivers to pay the toll and use the road, Carpool or Vanpool with an E-ZPass Flex, or use Public Transportation. Hybrid vehicles, vehicles with Clean Special Fuel license plates, and people traveling to and from Dulles International Airport are no longer exempt from restrictions and must either pay the toll or satisfy the HOV rules The left lane of the Dulles Toll Road is also an HOV-2 lane during rush hours — eastbound from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and westbound from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. In Maryland on I-270, the main lanes are. View real-time traffic conditions and road closures by visiting www.511virginia.org or by downloading the free 511 mobile app. E-ZPass If you travel in the peak direction during rush hours on I-66 Inside the Beltway (5:30-9:30 a.m. eastbound and 3 - 7 p.m. westbound), you need to have an E-ZPass funded and properly mounted in your vehicle

Northern Virginia Hov Lane

Will the E-ZPass Flex be read on the Dulles Toll Road, Greenway, Intercounty Connector, or at bridges? Yes; the HOV ON switch only sends a signal that earns you a free trip on the 495 and 95. The Dulles Toll Road offers a peak-period HOV-2 lane, which is used by carpools, vanpools, and buses. Peak-period HOV-2 restrictions along I-66 (one lane outside the Beltway and all lanes inside the Beltway) also accommodate high occupancy trips. Express Lanes, which are privately operated high-occupancy toll (HOT) lanes, were created on the I-49 Hampton Roads. Virginia rideshare agencies. Hybrid Rules on Interstates 95 / 395: Hybrids on the I-95 and I-395 high occupancy toll (express) lanes between Route 610 in Stafford County and the 14th Street Bridge must have three people in the car (HOV-3+) and have an E-Z Pass Flex set to HOV ON at all times to use the lanes free DULLES TOLL ROAD. Everybody always pays no matter how many people aboard in all lanes. However, normal cars can use the HOV-2 lane if there are two people in the car. Uber cannot use the HOV-2 lane ever. Uber charges pax and reimburses the driver. BELTWAY (I-495) and I-95 (same rules for both)

The Dulles Airport Access Road (DAAR) opened when the airport opened in 1962, and runs from VA-123 near I-495, to Dulles Airport, about 12 miles. This is a four-lane freeway for airport traffic only, and has no toll. There are sparse interchanges; on-ramps only inbound to Dulles, and off-ramps only outbound toward Washington, D.C On the Dulles Toll Road, the only requirement is that the hybrid vehicle have a clean-fuel plate. But only certain types of hybrids are eligible for clean-fuel plates

High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) and Express Lane

1. Only hybrids with plates issued before July 1, 2006 can use HOV lanes on I-95/395. Any hybrid can use the carpool lanes on the Dulles Toll Road
  2. o Existing HOV/Express Lane network in place (I-95, I-495, I-66, Dulles Toll Road) o FCP/FSP is circumferential and doesn't serve large DC core activity centers or Tysons o Low public interest or support •HOV feeders may be considered at the Dulles Toll Road, I-66 and I-9
  3. The Dulles Toll Road (DTR) was built by VDOT and opened in 1984, with parallel roadways on either side of the DAAR. It had six lanes from I-495 to VA-7, and four lanes elsewhere. Cars, busses, and trucks use the road without restriction

High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Systems - Travel Virginia

Where can you use an EZ Pass in The Washington Metro area? Virginia and Maryland. Dulles Greenway. Dulles Toll Road. 495 Express Lanes. 95 Express Lanes. Traveling North on I-95 towards Washington DC. Hours - 2:30 am to 11:00 am - Monday through Friday and 12:00 am to 12:00 am - Sunday Northern VA. Hampton Roads. Central VA. The top 5 Facts. You Need to Know. Both E-ZPass and E-ZPass Flex provide a convenient way to pay tolls electronically. E-ZPass Flex has an HOV On switchable feature to allow you to obtain toll-free travel on High Occupancy Toll and 64, 66, 95, 395, and 495 Express Lanes when you have the qualifying.

About Dulles Toll Road Metropolitan Washington Airports

Toll Roads Types of Limited Roads. The most common restricted access lanes are: HOV (High-Occupancy Vehicle): These lanes require a minimum number of passengers in the vehicle to be utilized. These are typically signed as HOV-#, where # represents the minimum number of passengers to use. Common users include carpools, vanpools, buses The HOV plates are really mostly useful for the Dulles Toll road. I got them because they are only ~$25 and frankly if I can get in the fast lane on the Toll Road during peak rush-hour, that's worth it to me even if I have to get off prior to 66. The HOV plates were due to expire this year but I believe they've been indefinitely extended All Virginia toll roads accept out-of-state E-ZPass: Northern Virginia - Dulles Toll Road, Dulles Greenway, 66 Express Lanes Inside the Beltway, 95/395, and 495 Express Lanes. Hampton Roads - 64 Express Lanes, Coleman Bridge, Chesapeake Expressway, Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, ERC, South Norfolk Jordan Bridge and Dominion Blvd

1. 10. Along eastbound Dulles Toll Road, the HOV enforcement location will be relocated from its current location to east of Centreville Road. 11. The Dulles Greenway/Dulles Toll Road is widened to include an additional eastbound lane between the Dulles Greenway main toll plaza and the off-ramp to Centreville Road. Thi
  2. The Toll Road was built in 1984 by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) to provide local access to interchanges between the Capital Beltway (I-495) and Washington Dulles International Airport. The Toll Road is located in the Dulles Corridor, which also carries the Dulles Airport Access Highway and is the location of the Dulles.
  3. HOV-2 = I-66 (Inside and Outside the Beltway) and the Dulles Toll Road. Hybrid vehicles with the required clean fuel plates, issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles, are able to use the HOV lanes on Interstates 95, 395, 66 and the Dulles Toll Road until June 30, 2010. Motorists who violate HOV laws face the following fines
  4. This form can be used to find and pay missed tolls on Coleman Bridge, Dulles Toll Road, Powhite Parkway Extension, Powhite Parkway(RMTA), 66 Express Lanes Inside the Beltway, and 64 Express Lanes. STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS. Enter license plate number and state of car use
  5. ROUTE 28 AND DULLES TOLL ROAD/DULLES GREENWAY STUDY . 2. DRAFT . congestion in the three general-purpose lanes and increases the HOV lane utilization, reducing congestion overall. The results of the sensitivity analysis suggest that the benefits of the Route 267 eastbound widening are most realized if the HOV-2+ restriction is not changed to.
  6. Expanded bicycle and pedestrian paths on both sides of the road rather than just one side Limited HOV lanes only in short segments near the Dulles Toll Road, Interstate 66 and Interstate 95 that.
  7. Subject: Route 28 and Dulles Toll Road/Dulles Greenway Study 2025 No-Build VISSIM Sensitivity Test: Delayed Start to HOV-3 Enforcement : Introduction This memorandum summarizes the results of a sensitivity analysis conducted for the STARS Route 28 and Dulles Toll Road/Dulles Greenway Interchange Study for 2025 No-Build conditions. Thi

Video: Clean Special Fuel Vehicles/Plates - Virgini

I-495 Express Lanes | P3 Virginia

They are a little like HOV lanes and a little like Maryland's Intercounty These four new lanes are in the middle of the Beltway between Springfield and just north of the Dulles Toll Road. Airport-bound travelers leaving the District can use I-66 to link up with the Dulles Airport Access Highway, the free lanes in the middle of the Dulles Toll Road. And as long as they're bound. Like other HOV or toll lanes in the region, drivers are charged a toll based on the distance traveled. When entering the lanes, signs will indicate the current price of a short trip, middle-length.

The proposal would add an extra lane in each direction on the Dulles Toll Road, remove the regular tolls from the road, and convert the current HOV lanes into Express Toll Lanes (ETL) Dulles Access Road. The Dulles Access Road is a four-lane, 13.65-mile (21.97 km) [3] [4] highway that runs inside the Dulles Toll Road along its median.There are no general-access exits from the westbound lanes, and no general-access entrances to the eastbound lanes, with the exception of gated slip ramps to and from the toll road that buses and emergency vehicles can use

Dulles Greenway - Hom

495 Express Lanes Northern Extension (NEXT) Express Lane

Fairfax board endorses I-495 Express Lanes extension

Virginia State Route 267 - Wikipedi

495 Express Lanes: relief for Virginia motorists, anInterstate-Guide: Interstate 495 Maryland / Virginia

Beltway. VA 267's HOV system connects directly to I-66, providing access to the regional core from the Dulles Toll Road Corridor. A map of all five facilities is shown in Figure 1. There are arterial HOV lanes and bus only shoulder treatments in the region, but these facilities are beyond the scope of this report HOV Law Extended for Hybrid Vehicles - Woodbridge, VA - Drivers on Interstates 95, 395 and 66 as well as Dulles Toll road will be able to drive on HOV lanes with hybrids. But, there's a catch They don't pay gas taxes to maintain the roads, but hey - let's build 'em a free lane just for them. HOV/Carpool Lanes (to live, prices, bus) - Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary - North Carolina (NC) -The Triangle Area - Page 3 - City-Data Foru vehicles for a $2 toll. Maryland transportation officials have applied for federal funds to study the feasibility of HOT lanes on the Beltway, Route 210 or I-270. Of the three alternatives, only I-270 currently has car-pool lanes. Not only does the Dulles Toll Road have existing HOV lanes, all its lanes are already toll lanes